Long Term Evolution (LTE) Wireless Technologies
LTE represents the first step into fourth generation, or 4G, wireless standards. Providing unprecedented bandwidth, latency and capacity, LTE is the next standard for wireless radio access technologies and will provide the U.S. Federal Government with additional opportunities to offer enriched wireless broadband and communications services to federal agencies and the military.
Almost all GSM, W-CDMA, TD-SCDMA and CDMA operators are embracing LTE as their preferred next generation mobile network technology. This widespread acceptance will facilitate development of a robust ecosystem of chipset, device and infrastructure vendors, helping to support successful introduction of LTE across the U.S. Federal Government.
LGS Innovations helps its customers make the transition from today’s reliable 3G networks to LTE while protecting their current investments. LGS Innovations’ solutions maximize spectrum utilization, reduce costs, provide seamless mobility and enable operators to continue to deliver services throughout the migration process.
LGS Innovations and its parent company, Alcatel-Lucent, are promoting development of the LTE ecosystem through the ngConnect Program, which was officially launched with 14 member companies at Mobile World Congress 2009 in Barcelona. This collaborative program brings together leading industry stakeholders who will shape and enable the direction of LTE content, applications and devices, including both single-mode and multi-mode devices, such as those supporting CDMA and LTE wireless technologies. Partner ecosystems have proven their effectiveness in moving complex innovations into the mainstream. The broad spectrum of companies in the ngConnect Program will also work to remove business and technical barriers, define new business models, accelerate mass adoption of new services and devices, and speak to the market with a strong collective voice.
Benefits of LTE wireless technologies include:
Reduced network operating costs:
- Our multi-standard base station facilitates efficient cell site evolution and reduces operational, maintenance and services costs.
- A flat all-IP network reduces operating expenses across the entire network.
- Market-leading Mobile Backhaul solutions enable cost-effective packet-based transport over fiber, microwave, or copper.
- Transformation and integration services minimize expense, end to end.
Rapid launch with minimized risk:
- Network agility and an open LTE ecosystem accelerate service deployment.
- Smooth introduction of LTE and IP technologies enables service continuity.
- Comprehensive services support secure evolution to LTE.
Unprecedented Quality of Experience (QoE)
- Unmatched policy management, service routing, and rich IP communications enable end-to-end QoE.
- Self-optimized LTE radio access delivers high-performance and enriched broadband services.
LGS Corporate Headquarters
13665 Dulles Technology Drive
Herndon, VA 20171
Ask Dr. Network
Have a question about network infrastructure and how best to manage your organization’s networking and communications challenges?
Dr. Network can help. Our team of experts will provide a detailed response and provide guidance and options for all of your networking needs.