Analysis & Planning Services
Networking Solutions Services: Analysis and Planning
Given the complexity and variety of U.S. Federal Government missions, LGS Innovations understands there is no “one-size-fits-all” approach to agency network transformation. Our network experts recognize that each customer is different, and therefore we begin every networking solutions services engagement with an in-depth analysis and planning process. This step not only defines the long-term network transformation vision, but also produces a project plan that encompasses the entire lifecycle of the project, from short-term goals through maintenance, repair, and support.
As the network experts, LGS Innovations is often called into projects where the entire network infrastructures need to be updated and modernized. We convert the agency’s network transformation vision into a strategy and tactical execution plan that identifies the resources required to make the vision a reality. LGS Innovations has the ability to deliver the resources and expertise from within a vast, interconnected network that includes parent company Alcatel-Lucent and more than a thousand scientists and engineers at Bell Labs. Together, we consider the complete project, analyze the customer’s needs and requirements, and develop the best and most cost-effective solution for the customer. By understanding and planning the best path forward, agencies can accelerate and de-risk the journey and make the best use of existing assets.
The analysis and planning process is also important to identify potential risks early-on, so contingency plans can be developed to reduce surprises or missteps along the way that might either derail or delay the technology implementation. For example, identifying multiple suppliers to overcome any unexpected shortage of materials such as concrete; studying the soil around the networking build location to ensure that the right kind of infrastructure materials are selected for the build; and having an action plan in the event of any in-country political unrest. This way, from the beginning, steps are in place to work around any issues that may arise, keeping the project on track and under budget.
Analysis and planning services including the following:
- Requirements / Needs Analysis: identification of the customer’s specific mission objectives, communications and networking needs, and other agency-specific requirements
- Systems Engineering: definition of the rules and methods to be used in designing and building the network components
- Security Assessments: we go beyond Information Assurance requirements to include risk management and mitigation strategies that drive informed decisions about design and deployment
- Site Surveys: evaluation of agencies’ physical locations to assess on-site structural and equipment conditions, including equipment locations, cabling assignments, power, and related site information
- Functional Specifications: identification of desired network behaviors, functionalities, features, and benefits delivered to the end-user
- Architecture Development: definition of the services portfolio, the network infrastructure, and operations support systems are designed as a single, integrated solution
- Logical and Physical Design: production of the post-transformation network topology, physical network topology, the supported and unsupported technical services, the revised component specifications, and the network management requirements (capacity, configuration, security, availability, QoS, service level management, incident, problem, change, and cost management)
- Data / User Migration Plans: efficient migration of data from legacy to next-generation networks; includes system testing to reduce or eliminate end-user disruptions
LGS Corporate Headquarters
13665 Dulles Technology Drive
Herndon, VA 20171
Ask Dr. Network
Have a question about network infrastructure and how best to manage your organization’s networking and communications challenges?
Dr. Network can help. Our team of experts will provide a detailed response and provide guidance and options for all of your networking needs.