OmniVista 2500 Network Management Software (NMS)
The OmniVista 2500 Network Management Software (NMS) application provides administrators with a unified view of the network, as well as the necessary functions and services required to support next generation devices and applications. It features centralized management, bulk operations, simplicity, and scalability, and adheres to the essential network management functions of the FCAPS model (fault, configuration, accounting, performance, and security).
By providing centralized operations, the network infrastructure is optimized and deployment is simplified. Network device discovery and topology maps provide both physical and logical views of the network. Users are able to automate operations such as CLI scripting, create VLANs across multiple devices, and provide third party device support.
Centralized operations also optimize troubleshooting since it is easier to monitor the health of the network using a combination of alarm information, the locator service for pinpointing user location, and the trap responder for taking quick, automated action when there is an event. Health and statistic information is also readily available.
Benefits include the following:
- Simplifies device management
- Allows managers to monitor network activity, configure and troubleshoot each device, as well as manage an entire network from a single platform
- True client/server architecture that allows multiple users to access its services simultaneously either through a Java-based client or through web browser application
- Network level management that provides access to various element managers
- Scalable client/server/database architecture for large infrastructure
- Centralized, cohesive management with a common intuitive look and feel
- Network-wide visibility with topology view
- Contextual integration with element manager
- Device group manager for logical association and operation efficiency
- Scheduler for automation of repetitive operations
LGS Corporate Headquarters
13665 Dulles Technology Drive
Herndon, VA 20171
Ask Dr. Network
Have a question about network infrastructure and how best to manage your organization’s networking and communications challenges?
Dr. Network can help. Our team of experts will provide a detailed response and provide guidance and options for all of your networking needs.