OmniSwitch 6900 Stackable LAN Switches are compact, high-density 10GbE and 40GbE platforms designed for the most demanding networks. These platforms offer unmatched versatility to actually deliver on the promise of the next-generation virtualized data center.
With their modular approach, these platforms accommodate the exact rack configuration and exact oversubscription ratio required by the application flows. In addition to high performance and extremely low latency, the OmniSwitch 6900 platforms offer extensive QoS, Layer 2 and Layer 3 switching, as well as system- and network-level resiliency. They can be positioned as Top of Rack switches in a Data Center as well as core/aggregation switches in a converged campus network.
Through the use of optional modules, the OmniSwitch 6900 can offer the highest 10GbE port density in its class, with up to 64 10GbE ports in a 1U form factor. This modularity also allows for up to six 40GbE uplink ports. With a leading power consumption model, the OmniSwitch 6900 product family is the most efficient and versatile switch in its class.
- Up to 1.28 terabits per second (Tbps) of wire-rate capacity, sub microsecond latency for high performance server and core connectivity Redundant hardware system architecture maximizes uptime for converged mission-critical networks
- High 10GigE port density in 1RU supports next-generation service densities; modular slots offer versatility in terms of 40GbE uplinks and resulting oversubscription
- Lowest power consumption per 10GbE port in its class; ensures efficient power management, reduces operating expenses and lowers total cost of ownership
- Offers mobile network services for Virtual Machines that are added, moved and changed across the data center
- Wire-rate performance for switching and routing at 10G and gigabit speeds delivers outstanding performance when supporting real-time voice, data, and video applications for converged scalable networks
- Hardware-based virtual routing and forwarding (VRF) support reduces cost across the enterprise through hardware consolidation that achieves network segmentation and security without additional hardware installation
LGS Corporate Headquarters
13665 Dulles Technology Drive
Herndon, VA 20171
Ask Dr. Network
Have a question about network infrastructure and how best to manage your organization’s networking and communications challenges?
Dr. Network can help. Our team of experts will provide a detailed response and provide guidance and options for all of your networking needs.