The OmniSwitch 6850E Stackable LAN Switch (SLS) is a versatile solution that can be positioned at the edge of mid- to large-size enterprise networks, at the aggregation layer, small enterprise core, and is suitable as advanced CPE in Ethernet access metro deployments. It is available in 24- and 48-port configurations and provides wire-rate layer-2 and layer-3 switching simultaneously for IPv4 and IPv6. Providing fine-grained controls for quality of service (QoS) and for security including network access control (NAC), the OmniSwitch 6850E offers full support for 802.3at-compliant power over Ethernet (PoE). It stacks with the existing OminSwitch 6850 family, allowing for smooth expansion of existing installations where PoE+ or SFP+ is needed.
The OmniSwitch 6850E family offers an extensive selection of gigabit fixed-configuration switches with up to four 10GigE uplinks, PoE and power supply options that accommodate most needs. All models are in a 1RU form factor and have two 10GBase-CX4 ports that can be used either for stacking or as a connector to a plug-in module for two additional 10 Gigabit SFP+ ports.
- A variety of interfaces and models meet any customer configuration need and offer excellent investment protection and flexibility, as well as ease of deployment, operation and maintenance
- Support for 10GigE SFP+ LRM optics allows customers to cost effectively upgrade from gigabit to 10 Gigabit Ethernet using their existing MMF fiber cabling, eliminating expensive optical cable replacement
- Low power consumption and efficient power management, reducing operating expenses and total cost of ownership (TCO).
- Wire-rate performance for switching and routing at 10G and gigabit speeds delivers outstanding performance when supporting real-time voice, data, and video applications for converged scalable networks
- Redundancy at all levels including power supplies, software and hot-swappable Small Form Factor Pluggable (SFP) modules makes the network highly available and reduces operating expenses
- Extensive security features for network access control (NAC), policy enforcement and attack containment fully secures the network at the edge, at no additional cost
- Hardware-based virtual routing and forwarding (VRF) support reduces costs through hardware consolidation to achieve network segmentation and security without additional hardware installation
- Ready for Metro Ethernet access simplifies network OA&M
LGS Corporate Headquarters
13665 Dulles Technology Drive
Herndon, VA 20171
Ask Dr. Network
Have a question about network infrastructure and how best to manage your organization’s networking and communications challenges?
Dr. Network can help. Our team of experts will provide a detailed response and provide guidance and options for all of your networking needs.