OmniSwitch 6855 Ethernet Hardened LAN Switch
The OmniSwitch 6855 Ethernet Hardened LAN Switch models are industrial grade, managed, Gigabit Ethernet switches designed to operate reliably in harsh electrical and severe temperature environments.
This superior, rugged hardware design coupled with the widely deployed and field proven Alcatel-Lucent Operating System (AOS), makes it ideal for the following:
- Industrial and mission-critical applications: locations that require devices to operate at wider operating temperatures, have more stringent EMC/EMI requirements, and have an optimized feature set for high security, reliability, performance and easy management
- Applications requiring Gigabit backbone connectivity: power utilities, transportation and traffic control systems, industrial factory floor installations, video surveillance systems, and outdoor installations
OmniSwitch 6855 Ethernet Hardened LAN Switch models include:
- Fiber: OmniSwitch 6855-U10 and OmniSwitch 6855- U24
- Copper with PoE models: OmniSwitch 6855-14 and OmniSwitch 6855-24
Benefits include the following:
- Designed to operate in a wide temperature range and harsh EMI/EMC environments with uninterrupted traffic and zero communication errors
- Withstands industrial/military shock and vibration tests
- Designed with redundancy and availability in mind
- Environmentally-friendly product
- Wire-rate performance for IPv4 and IPv6 traffic
- PoE support that enables converged networks in challenged environments to connect and power security cameras, IP phones, and wireless access points
LGS Corporate Headquarters
13665 Dulles Technology Drive
Herndon, VA 20171
Ask Dr. Network
Have a question about network infrastructure and how best to manage your organization’s networking and communications challenges?
Dr. Network can help. Our team of experts will provide a detailed response and provide guidance and options for all of your networking needs.