7450 Ethernet Service Switch
Dedicated to line-rate Ethernet service delivery at maximum scale, the Alcatel-Lucent 7450 Ethernet Service Switch is the industry’s most advanced MPLS-enabled Carrier Ethernet platform. With multi-terabit capacity, leading port densities, advanced MPLS capabilities, and best-in-class service attributes, all in a highly reliable and feature-rich platform, the 7450 ESS is a field-proven, highly scalable platform designed to support business VPN services and mobile backhaul. The 7450 ESS is available in five chassis options: the ESS-12, ESS-7, ESS-6V, ESS-6 and ESS-1.
- Delivery of innovative, differentiated services: With a leading PBB/VPLS implementation, Ethernet-based services using the Alcatel-Lucent 7450 ESS can be scaled to the highest levels with no sacrifice in performance. With advanced Hierarchical QoS capabilities on the 7450 ESS, highly available and predictable services enable support of the highly stringent SLAs required to deliver advanced next-generation applications including video, IPTV, multimedia Internet, and premium business VPN services.
- Ubiquitous services with massive scale and reach: The 7450 ESS provides a robust and proven MPLS-enabled Carrier Ethernet solution that allows Ethernet to be leveraged for its performance and economic benefits, while simultaneously leveraging IP/MPLS protocols and traffic engineering capabilities for efficient, reliable transport of any service or application and seamless integration with the IP/MPLS provider edge. This enables the consolidation of next-generation network services on a single platform. VPLS/ELAN and VLL/ E-Line services leverage MPLS to provide seamless Carrier Ethernet service reach over metro, national and international geographies. An innovative PBB/VPLS solution on the 7450 ESS platform enhances network and service scalability — both in terms of reach and MAC addressing — to support the expansion of Carrier Ethernet VPN service into new territories.
- Improve agency personnel satisfaction with non-stop Carrier Ethernet: The 7450 ESS high availability feature set, including non-stop services, non-stop routing, ITU-T G.8031/G.8032 and FRR, enables a flawless quality of the business computing experience. All services (VLL, VPLS, enhanced Internet services) and applications are kept running and true stateful resiliency of IP routing and MPLS signaling protocols occurs during a control plane failure.
- Dramatically improved return on investment: With the 7450 ESS’s flexibility to enable a converged packet aggregation infrastructure using MPLS-enabled Carrier Ethernet, networking is simplified and costs can be significantly reduced. The 7450 ESS platform’s multi-terabit system capacity with a proven “in-place” upgrade to 100 Gb/s (full duplex) per-slot capacity provides unmatched investment protection at the highest levels of scalability. The interface density, variety and scalability allow for more users per platform to further improve return on investment without compromising performance and service quality.
- Reduced operational costs with improved service assurance and service velocity: By supporting the convergence of wireline and wireless services on a 7450 ESS-based Carrier Ethernet metro network, operations and administration are simplified, because all services run over a platform with a consistent feature set, operational model, and management suite. The tight integration of the 7450 ESS operating system with Alcatel-Lucent’s service and network management suite, including the 5620 SAM, 5650 CPAM, and the 5670 RAM, provides a unified operations solution that also reduces ongoing operational costs while enabling precise service-aware SLA control. Simplified service assurance helps reduce MTTR with rapid problem detection, isolation, and prevention; and a fully integrated service-aware OAM tool kit improves overall service availability.
- Investment protection: From its introduction, the 7450 ESS family has evolved with customer feature and scaling requirements. The 7450 ESS’s sophisticated and flexible hardware has a track record of allowing new features and enhancements to be introduced “in-place” in software, rather than through a rapid series of ever-changing hardware iterations. The award-winning FP2 network processing silicon ensures 7450 ESS platform capacity and service scale can continually evolve in step with agency requirements, providing an unprecedented level of investment protection.
- Environmentally friendly: LGS Innovations and its parent company, Alcatel-Lucent, are committed to supplying environmentally-friendly solutions. Pioneering advances in power efficiency are incorporated into the 7450 ESS product family, reducing the expense of both powering and cooling when compared products with less advanced silicon technology. Combined with environmentally sensitive manufacturing processes, careful materials selection, and a view to sustainable product life cycle management, the 7450 ESS platform assists government agencies in reducing their environmental impact while lowering operational costs.
LGS Corporate Headquarters
13665 Dulles Technology Drive
Herndon, VA 20171
Ask Dr. Network
Have a question about network infrastructure and how best to manage your organization’s networking and communications challenges?
Dr. Network can help. Our team of experts will provide a detailed response and provide guidance and options for all of your networking needs.