The Photonics Applications and Development Department of the LGS Innovations Government Communications Lab is a multidisciplinary department consisting of physicists, optical, electrical, and mechanical engineers, material scientists, and other technical practitioners. The department develops and deploys optical systems related to the following strategic initiative areas:
- High-Power Solutions for Remote Sensing
- High-Power Solutions for Missile Defense
- Network Security and Performance Enhancement in Government-Operated Fiber Networks: development of state-of-the-art optical fiber networks and next generation high-speed encryption to provide secure operational and performance enhancement solutions to U.S. Federal Government-operated networks
- Broadband Networking to the Warfighter Regardless of Location: development of free-space lasercom links and key components, such as deployable high-power sources and high-sensitivity optical receivers
- Optical Solutions for Climate Change Measurement and Space Exploration
LGS Corporate Headquarters
13665 Dulles Technology Drive
Herndon, VA 20171
Ask Dr. Network
Have a question about network infrastructure and how best to manage your organization’s networking and communications challenges?
Dr. Network can help. Our team of experts will provide a detailed response and provide guidance and options for all of your networking needs.